Looking for a book that you cannot find in our collection? Place a request for us to bring in a copy through Interlibrary Loan (ILLO) from another library system in Ontario. Please read the following before you proceed with making an ILLO request:
- Search our catalogue first by title, then by author, to ensure that we do not have the book you are looking for.
- Limit the number of books you request to five per month. Any requests in excess of your allotment of five will be discarded.
- Understand that the processing time for these requests can vary from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. In the meantime, please do not re-request the same title. Rest assured that we are working hard to get it in your hands. Thank you for your patience.
- We cannot guarantee that requests will be granted. We are reliant on the lending libraries to approve our request to borrow their material. Sometimes books are out of print or so obscure that they are simply unavailable within our provincial system. Staff will inform you if we are unable to bring in the material you have requested.
- The lending library sets the due date for the material they provide us and renewals may or may not be granted.
Requests can be submitted in person at your local branch or by filling out this form on our website:
Submit a Material Request